29th January 2017, 7:46am
There are 2 days to the end of the first month of 2017 and after that, there’s a person that will blink, only to realize that there are 2 days to the end of 2017. I have marked the patterns: January always seems eternally long (perhaps being made even longer by people saying it is long), February comes along with its joke of 28/29 days and then every month after that seems to be in an unusual hurry to become history. Suddenly (as though we didn’t know right from January 1st), another “Happy New Year” is before us and the cycle continues. If you are averagely smart, you must have realized by now that am yet to write anything substantial. I can explain. I was up way before the cocks crowed, the wild birds broke out into their chirps, chitters and twitters (this is a real English word by the way) and way before the sun arose to flaunt her radiance. I was up this early with every good intention of writing something deep, something that would reverberate in the very core of the soul of whoever dared to read it, something that would evoke holy emotions in the readers, something that would have readers sighing and wow-ing over and over again. So I went over the thousands of story lines that keep running to and fro in my brain, begging to be put down on paper, and after a thorough scrutiny, none of them was good enough to make the cut. I realized, with much heaviness of heart, that most of them were wonderful stories, but only as long as they remained in the confines of my brains. Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to stifle or sabotage my talent; if anything, this particular piece should prove to you how hard I am trying to get ten gold coins out of the one graciously given me by my Master. This is the problem: whereas there are thousands of would-be stories constantly assaulting my brain cells with their demands to be written, as soon as I get pen and paper (read, get my phone and open my WPS office app), these story ideas scatter in every possible direction and hide in a corner of my brain that I probably do not have access to yet. So here I am, crossing my fingers in the hope that you will, even for a minute, understand why instead of a deep, resonating, reverberating piece of writing, all you’re getting is the shallow, confused babble of a girl with no clue whatsoever on what to write.
Time check: 10:09am
No, I haven’t been writing for almost three hours. I took a break; a much deserved one, because writing a whole paragraph of random stuff is pretty hardwork. So that this isn’t a completely useless post, I resolved, during my break, to remind you of a few truths you might have momentarily forgotten or perhaps that you needed to hear from anyone other than yourself:
- You are the apple of God’s eye! To be the apple of one’s eye simply means that you are loved, more than anyother, by that person. Never mind that there are 7bn other people that you share a planet with, all His focus and attention is on you! Amazing, isn’t it? (Check Zechariah 2:8)
- You are LOVED. Immensely. Immeasurably. Indescribably. INFINITELY. Much much more than you and I might ever comprehend. And the best part is this love is not about you or what you have done, it is about Him, who He is and what He has done! (Quickly run to Romans 8:38-39)
- That blessing of yours that you think is taking ages and aeons to reach? Worry not! Rest in His love and goodness, knowing that He hath made everything beautiful in His time. (It is written in Ecclesiastes 3:11)
- Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward (Hebrews 10:35). You have believed, believed again and believed even some more and there’s still nothing! Your hopes are waning, your light dimming and you’re contemplating throwing in the towel and walking away. DO NOT! Refuse to walk away, refuse to quit on yourself, your reward is not far off.
- Finally, you are NOT alone! You have never been alone, you will never be alone: For He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee! (If you don’t believe me, believe Hebrews 13:5).
If you have read this article till the end, I honestly envy your patience! You’re my hero, and I will make mention of you to my Father, God, that He may continue infinitely blessing you!